Get a Free Quote
It is evident that accidents don’t come with prior notice, and as such being prepared about it rather than expecting it is what matters the most. In case if such an unwanted incident happens with you, you can surely count on us without any hesitation.
In case if you meet with an accident, then you should keep the following things in mind:
- Stop your vehicle
- Keep calm
- Contact the police and take care of the injured
- Provide all the necessary information to officer when asked
- Contact the insurance company as soon as you can. In fact getting in touch from the spot is what matters.
Ensure that you are safeguarded from Future Harm
One should not disclose the extent or validity of the insurance coverage to anyone, apart from the insurance carrier and policy number. One should be careful about not taking any blame and admitting responsibilities is a strict no-no. One should not make any statements or provide any information to anybody else apart from the police or the assigned representative of the insurance.
While Lodging a Claim
A claim can be handled quickly and efficiently only when the following information is provided at the time of the call.
- Policy holder’s name
- Policy Number
- Names, addresses, and phone numbers of the driver and passengers of covered vehicle
- Names, addresses, and phone numbers of the driver and passengers of the other vehicle(s)
- Names, addresses, and phone numbers of any witnesses
- Detailed illustration of the accident
One should always report an accident without wasting a single minute even if one is not responsible for it. The sooner one reports an accident the faster a claim can be investigated and settled. This becomes more important when during bodily injuries.